The Media Analyst/Buyer will create, monitor and optimize ad campaigns for our clients. This position is responsible for acquiring desirable time slots and media space for advertising clients. Buyers also monitor the purchased media to make sure the advertisements appear as planned, and they credit or bill clients as necessary to settle accounts.
No experience? No problem! Some of our most successful media buyers were in your shoes two years ago with ZERO experience in digital advertising. What you’ll need to succeed:
● A drive for the grind — The internet is changing every day, which means there is always something new to learn. There are no official homework assignments and no micromanaging — you’ll have to find your own drive to stay on the forefront of innovation.
● Don’t be afraid of numbers — Seven didn’t eat nine. It’s no quantum physics, but you will be analyzing and making decisions based on interpretations of data every day as a critical part of the job. If thinking about looking at rows of data on a computer screen makes you cringe, this is probably not your wheelhouse.
● A flare for the creative — This job is equal parts math and creative. We aren’t painting portraits or winning Pulitzers, but you should be able to spin a headline and find a creative way to make an image stand out amongst the rest.
● Passionate about the internet — Internet and social media addicts welcome! We’re in the business of engagement. You should be interested in learning the inner workings of the internet, i.e., have questions like “How does Facebook know I have a soft spot for cat videos?”
● Play well with others — It’s ok to be a lone ranger at times, but to truly thrive you’ll need to be able to demonstrate a strong ability to collaborate with co-workers to achieve client and company-level goals.
The Media Buyer will create, monitor and optimize ad campaigns for top-tier clients. This position is also responsible for split testing ad creatives, as well as analyzing performance-based metrics. Primary duties include:
● Buying digital media using major display and search networks in order to drive traffic to proprietary sites
● Owning all steps of the ad operations process
● Text and display creative deployment, and split testing
● Landing page optimization
● Optimization of yield management strategies
● Maintain and improve good standing network partnerships
● Providing recommendations to the team on successful media buying strategies and marketplace opportunities
FOR A LITTLE EXTRA CREDIT:
● Experience running performance-based (CPC/CPA/CPI/CPM) desktop and mobile ad campaigns on a variety of display and native mediums
● Can demonstrate and execute basic Adobe Photoshop skills
● Proficient with Excel, Google Sheets, or equivalent (Pivot tables, Data Visualization,VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.)
● Experience analyzing page views, bounce rates, and other common key metrics
This is a full-time employment position with commission opportunities. Highly motivated top performers in the position will have opportunities to grow in rank within the company, quickly earn higher base pay, and an opportunity to earn a total compensation of up to six figures.