The Media Buyer will create and manage partnerships with key ad networks and publishers to buy digital media, develop and drive media strategies, and execute business critical user acquisition campaigns. This position is responsible for acquiring desirable time slots and media space for advertising clients. Buyers also monitor the purchased media to make sure the advertisements appear as planned, and they credit or bill clients as necessary to settle accounts. Primary duties include:
• Buying digital media using major display and search networks in order to drive traffic to proprietary sites
• Owning all steps of the ad operations process
• Text and display creative deployment, split testing, and data analytics and optimization
• Landing page optimization
• Performance reporting
• Maintain and improve good standing network partnerships.
• Providing recommendations to the team on successful media buying strategies and marketplace opportunities
The successful candidate will be an inspiring and confident leader with knowledge in some or all of the following areas:
• Experience running performance based (CPC/CPA/CPI/CPM) desktop and mobile ad campaigns on a variety of display and native mediums
• Experience analyzing pageviews, bounce rates, and other common key metrics.
• Proficient with Excel or Google Sheets equivalent (Pivot tables, Data Visualization, VLOOKUP, SUMIF, etc.)
• Basic familiarity with HTML
• Excellent interpretive skills, ability to understand and make recommendations to improve the business
• A drive to push the boundaries of your current knowledge level and be willing to explore innovative strategies outside the box
The successful candidate will also demonstrate the following abilities:
• Creative: Ability to create display creatives and text ad copy capable of high click-through and conversion rates.
• Communicative: Must have strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish, develop, and maintain business relationships.
• Deadline Oriented: Have demonstrable work history meeting and exceeding deadlines and business targets.
• Adaptable: Capable of adjusting to changing priorities, sometimes daily.
• Resourceful: Great at solving unstructured problems with little to no supervision in a fast-paced, high stakes environment.
• Team Player: Demonstrates a strong ability to contribute to the business along with business unit team members and managers; establish collaborative relationships with peers both within the office and with the fast growing reticulum of companies that is the AdRizer family.
• Basic Knowledge of Current Events: Being aware of developing stories in the media is paramount in launching engaging campaigns.
• Photoshop: Demonstrates and executes basic Adobe Photoshop skills.
• Motivated: Be self-driven and motivated to deliver results without the need for constant supervision or reminders from management.